Sunday, April 17, 2011

Hair Talk.....

If my hair had a voice ain’t no telling all the things it would say…probably first “why did you beg for a relaxer at 12” yep I should of known better and I now apologize. “Why did you cut me when I hung to your chest?” “Did you really need those highlights?…those hurt <ouch>” It would probably thank me for keeping it maintained nicely trimmed (no split ends shawty) over the years.  It would also curse me out for having to be braided tightly for my sew ins…yep I apologize for that as well shoot (thanks to Lex). But now oh now I know my hair is happy and free…no chemicals, no heat, no nothing just doing its own thing. Curls just doing their own thing everyday…but now since my hair is natural I have to LISTEN to it and its needs.  When it feels dry I know I need to put some moisturizer on it and oil…(I listen) When it says it needs extra moisture I deep condition it (I listen) when it needs strength I give it protein (I listen) as you see it’s not all about me and my wants and what I want to do with my hair anymore like it once was when I was relaxed…it is now all about my hair and its wants…So my question to you is if your hair could talk what would it say and would/do you listen?

1 comment:

  1. What's up with the podcast. When will we get new epidsodes? I have a small section on my blog www.itveganatgenesis.com for naturally kinky curly hair. Please please keep the podcast going. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete